We conclude our conversation with Dave and Kevin on Diagnostic Strategies and talk about what’s next and how Electric Vehicles (EVs) will impact how we work and diagnose this next step in automotive technology.
Dave Facciuto is and the former owner and ASE Master Technician Technician of Dave’s Import Service in Medford, Oregon. Kevin Orndorff is a former technician working at Dave’s and current owner since he purchased the shop from Dave. Dave is still active in the industry as a consultant and shares his technical and business management knowledge with Kevin and the industry at large. His extensive background in diagnostic strategies has provided a unique perspective on how best to develop your own diagnostic process for both new and experienced technicians working on today’s modern vehicle technology. In our final episode, we conclude our conversation with Dave and Kevin on Diagnostic Strategies and talk about what’s next and how Electric Vehicles (EVs) will impact how we work and diagnose this next step in automotive technology.
Listen in as Dave and Kevin share their insights on:
- What they’re doing now to prepare for the EV future.
- How hybrid maintenance helps prepare technicians for EVs.
- Where EVs are popping up pretty much everywhere.
- Why thermal management will be important to EV service.
- Adjusting diagnostic strategies for hybrid and EV challenges.
- Understanding how hybrid systems work by knowing the basic functions of any vehicle.
- How a charging station can help prepare for the future.
- Showing your current clients that your shop will be there when they go electric.