Genuine Subaru SPT cat-back exhaust systems are really the only products you want to recommend and install on your customers’ Subaru performance vehicles for many reasons. These systems are precisely designed and engineered for Subaru vehicles – something that cannot be said about aftermarket systems. They are created not just for Subaru, but with Subaru engineers, to ensure they meet the highest standards for Subaru vehicles.
The term, “Meets OE Standards,” is easily tossed about in many advertisements for lesser-quality products. That may only mean that they are made to the same dimensions and fit fairly well. When you recommend and install Genuine Subaru STT exhaust systems, you – and your customer – get a lot more than that.
Here are just some of the design and testing procedures that aftermarket systems do not perform in their manufacturing process:
- Salt Spray Testing. Salt spray testing exposes the metal to the harsh effects of corrosion. Any defects will soon show signs of deterioration. All Genuine Subaru SPT systems are designed to withstand hundreds of hours of salt spray testing.
- Emissions Testing. Genuine Subaru SPT exhaust systems are put through rigorous emissions standards testing to ensure they meet all current State and Federal emission standards. The importance of legally meeting emission standards cannot be overemphasized.
- Flow Bench Testing. Each Genuine Subaru SPT cat-back exhaust system is thoroughly tested with laboratory flow bench equipment to ensure that the internal aerodynamics maintain the correct flow and therefore deliver the optimum power and resonance. Flow bench testing also ensures that the air/fuel ratio stays within specifications under various driving conditions: different loads, rpm, acceleration and braking.
- Pressure Testing. Pressure testing exerts extremely high pressures – more that a vehicle could ever encounter in normal driving – and reveals any design flaws that could lead to leakage.
- Vibration Testing. Exposing the exhaust system to millions of cycles of vibration testing reveals any possible defects in strength of construction and durability.
- Noise Testing. Each exhaust system is tested to ensure it meets Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standards for acceptable levels of decibel output.
- Rear End Impact Testing. Under rear end crash regulations, the system cannot extend past the rear bumper beam and must be judged as favorably collapsible in a collision. To ensure that the exhaust system meets these standards, comprehensive design and testing procedures are performed.
- Test Track Driving. Track testing exposes any issues that may affect the performance of the vehicle and the exhaust system. Each Genuine Subaru SPT exhaust system is given rigorous and thorough testing under driving conditions.
In short, every Genuine Subaru SPT exhaust system is specifically designed, tested and manufactured for each Subaru application. And, it comes with a full warranty – unlike most aftermarket systems. Contact your local Subaru N.E.W. Horizons Dealer for all the details on installing Genuine Subaru SPT exhaust systems on your customer’s favorite performance ride.