What you need to know to make sure you’re using the correct brake fluid, and what it means if you don’t. It’s a matter of milliseconds that can make all the difference.
Kevin McCartney is an automotive industry trainer and an expert on all types of automotive lubricants. Many do not understand or appreciate just how highly engineered things like motor oil and brake fluid are these days. In fact, using the wrong motor oil in some modern vehicles can actually set a trouble code. There’s more than you might think you need to know about the lubricating fluids for today’s vehicles.
In this episode, Kevin talks about the information you need to know to make sure you’re using the correct brake fluid, and what it means if you don’t. It’s a matter of milliseconds that can make all the difference.
Listen in as Kevin shares his insights on:
- Why technicians need to understand modern automotive fluids and how they work.
- How Kevin became an expert in fluid technology after mastering electronics.
- Why fluids should be part of your training schedule.
- Kevin’s estimate that 80% of technicians don’t really understand lubricants.
- The details on DOT brake fluid ratings and how they differ.
- How milliseconds matter in modern vehicle control systems.
- Why ultra-low viscosity fluids are the future.
- It’s not just about boiling points today.
- Connecting the DOTs and what they mean.